Weddings at Markree Castle Hotel
Markree Castle is a stunning Gothic Style Castle, set in the heart of the Sligo Countryside on the route of the Wild Atlantic Way. It is a truly authentic, relaxed and uniquely charming Wedding Venue where you will find yourself immersed in unrivalled castle hotel comfort. We offer exclusive use of the castle and grounds to you and your guests for your special day to roam the gardens and enjoy the antique furnished reception rooms.
Guests can relax and enjoy the beautiful grounds and Drawing Rooms within the Castle during the arrival reception while enjoying a welcome drink and delicious selection of canapes.
Magical Markree Package
- Exclusive use of Markree Castle & grounds for you and your guests including our Grand Hall and stunning reception rooms
- Stunning setting with mature trees, rose garden and grounds along the river Unshin including a boathouse and woodland walk for unforgettable photographs
- Personal Planner to help and advise you on every aspect of your day
- Red Carpet welcome upon arrival including Champagne Reception for the Bridal Party
- Personalised Menu Cards, choice of Cake Stand & Sword
- Selected Markree Castle Canapés
- Our home-made Summer Punch or Mulled Wine
- Tea & Coffee with homemade Shortbreads and Biscuits
- Five Course Meal and Half Bottle of House Wine per guest to include:
- Choice of Two Main Courses
- Tea, Coffee with Handmade Chocolates
- Sparkling Wine Toast for each guest
- Evening food with Tea & Coffee for half the number of final guests
*Minimum Numbers Apply
Please contact us directly to discuss the package.
Pick your perfect spot to say “I do”
For a wedding ceremony you need a venue with a real sense of occasion. Very few places that host wedding receptions can offer a really special ceremony venue, within the wedding venue. At Markree Castle you have a choice of civil ceremony locations. If you have always dreamt of a traditional wedding, the Chapel at Markree will fit your needs perfectly. Lined with dark wood panelling, beautiful stained glass windows and an original church organ, this is an intimate but impressive room for your wedding ceremony.
If you would prefer to say your “I do’s” amid the beauty of the great outdoors, the stunning natual setting of the castle terrace which overlooks the estates manicured lawns, rose gardens and our wishing well may be the perfect spot for you to say your “I do’s”.